Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Clean Room And A Good Son

There is that moment that you have finished cleaning a room, that if feels worthy enough for a spray of your favorite room spray. Everyone knows that when I spray my room with Pottery Barn Cut Grass spray that considered that room to "be done". So when you survey that perfectly clean room, free of floating white dog hairs and dust, the food from where the kids ate dinner and watched TV on the bed has been washed away, dust vacuumed from behind the bed, dog hair removed from the sheets, the circles on the antique chest where the kids left there drinks - oiled down, my chair full of clothes have been washed, ironed and hung out. Anything seems possible -- could it stay clean for more than a day?

Clean room

My son brought me flowers (morning glories) yesterday from his walk home from the community swimming pool. Did I ever mention that I have the most wonderful (paintballing) son?

morning glory

8 comments:

Colorsonmymind said...

Those flowers made me cry.

Oh I so hope my son will do the same one day.

XO

Mrs. Mom said...

How sweet a gesture from your paintballing son!

Paula Adams Perez said...

Yay, Kim! I'm inspired to clean my room, yours looks so good! So sweet of M! My J has recently decided it is his mission to keep the little odd punchcup on my nightstand full of fresh flowers. Melt!

Kim Carney said...

Thea, that was the first time, so I was a very touched ... it is wonderful when they think of something sweet all by themselves!

MP -- that is soooo sweet! Thank you mrs. mom ;)

Anonymous said...

I totally understand the feeling you are trying to convey about when it is appropriate to use the spray. Mine get a shot of Crisp Linen when I am done.....sickly satisfying. : )

One Crabapple said...

Wow ! That room is perfect !

Hold it !!

YOUUUU must be my Mother's Daughter!

WE were switched at birth !

love the Cut Grass Room Spray too...

What a lucky mom to have such a sweet son as that !

phlegmfatale said...

Wow, I'm having clean-room envy. Important to document such victories in life! Matt is an absolute gem, but I think he is so in part because he's got the best mom in the world. A support system like that makes a kid able to go into the world and make the most out of life. Good for you, and congratulations on this greatest of achievements!

Kim Carney said...

xoxoxoxo Rita, you are soooo good to me.....

Cindy, I like that Crisp Linen too. I have a bunch of them ... and my son knows when I spray them, to keep that room clean ;P

Sandy, Thankyou...he is a good kid. Another person that love Cut Grass :) wow, must meet that person.