Monday, April 10, 2006

Two More Days Of Freedom

A couple of more days until I go back to work. I have several pieces started and I feel like I have made more of a mess than actually making art. I ordered the paint and patina online from Modern Masters. I found the iron paint and rusting agent I bought from Michael's is not working very well. Found a great source for scrap frame molding from my friend. I am looking for the words in my head to go with these pieces. I have the idea, but thoughtful words come slowly to me now. That part of this process is hard for me at this point of my life. Not enough quiet time or my mind can not settle to think? I don't know. They are all hanging on the wall to be finished. And the garage and the studio are a disaster area. I am having fun but feel the pressure of learning and accomplishing something before my free time is gone. Oh, sometimes I think, I should give up on all of this and clean up all of these rooms I trash out, get rid of all it all, all the scrap, the doo-dads, the boxes, etc and have some normal, clean, organized life and not constantly think about what I could be making or building. I am not sure that is possible in me, to give it all up.





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure this will be easier said (by me) than done (by you)... but you need to consciously tell yourself to let go and I'm sure what you need will come.

You are not alone. I can relate to having so many ideas and projects in my head at one time that sometimes it renders me nearly paralyzed or I feel like a file cabinet for these ideas and nothing comes to fruition.

I do believe that's the blessing and the curse of the creative spirit.

Take a deep breath...

Joanne S said...

Your work is beautiful. The bird in the nest sublime. The head--I would buy it and cherish it. See, it is worthy.

My husband cleans his workshop at the end of every work session. Everything goes back into it's "place". Why? Because he loves to walk into the space and find it "ready"to work. I walk in my work area and find disaster. Not a good place to begin. So I have been working toward a more "zen" experience when I walk in. Small steps.

Kim Carney said...

Thank you both! Sometimes I just need to blurt it out that I feel crazy! disorganized! nutty! happy! content! frazzled! Linda I love the file cabinet visual, exactly how I feel, exactly!
Joanne - Thank you! I have had those three little birds for so long. They were from a wind chime thing of sorts. Thought of giving it away but took it apart instead. I spent all night gluing and embellishing and making the little nest with twigs and little pieces of paper ;) '0

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

don't stop doing this art!! You have a knack, it looks good, and the more you do it and time you give it the deeper it unfolds...Thanks for the images of your creations!

Anonymous said...

Kim --I know this wonderful little shop near you that would LOVE to carry your work -- or the owners might even buy it of themselves!
Looking forward to having you back.

Shelley Noble said...

Maybe just take a little refreshing break?--stay out if the shop and go for walks with your camera or sunbathe.

Oh, and the rust comes up to yellow and then red in a couple days, in case you haven't let it rest before.

Deborah Boschert said...

I am loving these pieces! I felt the same way about just stopping. In fact, when I knew we were going to be living in an apartment for a few months, I packed very few art supplies and thought I would take a break and just read and watch tv and be "normal." That lasted about two an a half days and then I went to Joann's and bought fabric. It's part of me. It's part of you too.

phlegmfatale said...

I have a great name for your little boxes. I'll email it to you.

firstborn studio said...

kim,
i love these pieces...that is the best i can do today with my befuddled hormonal brain...but they are drawing me in,just thought you should know...