Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Studio Friday - Comfort

Studio Friday finds me looking to my books. I always find comfort in my bookcases! I love our books, I cherish them. I pull out a stack of them, sit in my big chair wrapped in a blanket, wine glass full, pen and paper in hand to read, learn and look for inspiration. I buy lots of them at the thrift stores. There were times I could not afford the books I wanted and now I indulge myself in books and magazines. We have bookcases all over the house full of reference, fiction, nonfiction, quilting, embroidery, art, book-binding, graphic arts and all kinds of stuff that interest us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had to comment, Kim. I absolutely adore books, have them all over my house, too. My favorite thing is when I have some time in the early evening to do exactly what you do! Curl up in a big chair with a pile of books and a glass of wine. Next time I do that I will raise my glass to you!

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how much this post hits home with me.

I adore books as well - the very smell of them can ease my anxious heart...

Kim Carney said...

Hope and Jenny - I love to hold an old book in my hand, that has the previous owner's name on the inside and imagine them reading it. I love the smell and feel of an old book. I really like finding a good craft book at the thrift store, even I just find one interesting thing in it, it was worth the $1 I spent on it!
Jenny - I will tip mine to you!