Sunday, April 02, 2006

I Am Back

Fort Worden

First I have to say thank you to Tara for telling me about and insisting I sign up for ArtFest. She promised a wild and wonderful experience; it was that and much more.

Exhauston. Exhilaration. Joy. Wonderful aches and pains. Aching from walking and climbing stairs. Sore from sleeping in a small bunk bed/coffin-like contraption. Fingers, swollen, cut and poked with needles. Head full of faces, names, new friends, a list of new supples needed, techniques and stuff I want to make.

I met up with extraordinary
Liz, the most adorable Kelly, and the very talented Melissa and I had "Tainted Toys" class together. They are all delightful and it is so fun to feel like you know someone so well that you have never met in person. I wasn't surprised to find the most interesting, interestingly dressed women I have ever met. Now I wish I had taken twice as many photos. (what was I thinking?)

Bracelet

Wonderful women

ArtFest is helf at
Fort Worden, a beautiful old military base with lots of interesting buildings, perfect for photographing. Unfortunately our dorm's hot water heater went out ... so you can only guess the rest. I has so lucky to have the most wonderful roommate share the dorm-room-from-hell experience. Her name is Christina and I think I have talked her into starting a blog so we can keep up with all she does in Montreal.

Christina

I gathering up the photos of art. More more to come.

7 comments:

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

How exciting for you, I only wish that I had been there too, to meet you. I heard many were attending this year and perhaps I'll put it on my to-do list for next year. I had only just found out through your blog.

Lovely now I have a site feed so I can keep up with all you posts! Looking forward to seeing what goodies and ideas you have come away with from the art fest!

Kim Carney said...

I really hope you can go next year!

Anonymous said...

Wow... what a wonderful site (Ft. Worden) for creative energy! I love visiting Port Townsend and we always drive through the Ft. and on to the lighthouse. I love all the artsy ideas and colorful people in your photos. Thanks for sharing!

(Btw, I am leaving this as a comment on your blog... I have had blogger issues, landing in peoples' email boxes when I leave blog comments. You have answered me from your email, so I'm wondering if that happens when I comment on your blog.)

kelly rae said...

hey you! it was so wonderful meeting you. you are so full of life and fun and i LOVED your creations at the show & tell! you are one talented lady. hopefully next year the hot water will stay put!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like loads of fun, and look at all the cool things you made! I'm sure you'll carry all that inspiration with for months. Why don't they have things like Art Fest in France??

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for sharing this with us - I so wanted to go to Art Fest this year and could not - so I am loving seeing it through your eyes! Hopefully I will see you there next year!

Kim Carney said...

I wish you guys could go next year, what a hoot. Thank you Kelly! It was so fun seeing you too.