Tuesday, March 07, 2006

P's And Q's

When I was explaining to D about putting together "trade" items for ArtFest, he said, "why don't you give everyone a wooden bowl from the thriftstore, every attendant would get one". Ha Ha.

I was on a bowl-buying kick when they were cheaper. I noticed the thriftstores wooden bowl prices have gone up. So I am doing a "bowl" series. Bowling for Dollars. Rose Bowl. Dust Bowl. Rice Bowl. Sugar Bowl. Bowling Green. D will love it (but not completely get it) when he sees them all finished in the collection. BUT the last few days I am trying to get inspired for ArtFest AND finish up some projects that have been collecting dust (some for years). As is the case of the P's and Q's that I love but not exactly sure why I did it. It started with one of those funky, odd-shaped, wooden bowls. I painted the little balls, drilled small holes in them, glued a toothpick in, drilled a hole in the bowl to secure those peas and Q's. It was fun and my friend Ruth fell in love with it, so I guess it is headed for Texas.

P's and Q's

6 comments:

Amy said...

So cool. The thrift stores around here never have such cool things!

Anonymous said...

This piece is wonderful!! Lucky Ruth!

kelly barton art + design said...

too sweet! i love the way your mind works!

Joanne S said...

I'm making bowls also--but fabric ones. with a twist. Fish bowl with a fish in a bowl. Must be one of those "ideas" in the atmosphere.

phlegmfatale said...

don't forget super bowl, tidy bowl, irritable bowl syndrome *teehee*

Anonymous said...

Kim, you know I have always yearned for the P's and Q's but if you are not ready to part with it I will understand. Everything you do is wonderful. Guess I like that one so much because I was never good at minding my P's and Q's.