Saturday, January 07, 2006

Illustration Friday - Sea

Illustration Friday this week is Sea. I hate to be a bummer, reminder of bad news, negative-Nelly but I can't help but think of the on-going crisis in our oceans and seas, pollution, over-fishing - to mention two. Problems that can't be ignored, that the world community should address and repair while we have the opportunity.

Illustration Friday - Sea

True beauty underwater, look here and these underwater photos on bigfoto.com.

I am always humbled by how many talented folks submit to IF. Rick gives a detailed explanation 'old school technique' of his Hero illustration here and his most amazing interpretaton of Sea at Drawrings, etc. The raging Sea churning at Artwork Anonymous.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Kim-
I love this. I should have known it was you. You're one of my all time favorite artist.

Rick Lovell said...

Nice. I was thinking along the same lines.

Piotr said...

Great interpretation.

Katili said...

I share the same concern of the state of seas. Your image is ver well done and has an important message.

Anonymous said...

I love your illustration and I agree with you we should absolutely take better care of our oceans and seas

Anonymous said...

Good message and love her cozzie (Aussie for swimming costume).

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love all the beautiful details you put in your illustrations.

phlegmfatale said...

Will you forgive me if I use the adjective "exquisite" one more time? It's the word most frequently inspired by your lovely drawings and blog.

Kim Carney said...

Thank you one and all. I always feel like the gloom and doom person, but at least I am not alone in my thoughts!

steve said...

This is absolutely beautiful Kim. You are not a "gloom and doom" person here because of your statement. It's so dangerous to be oblivious to such matters. Thanks for posting this.

letile said...

what a wonderful mermaid!
PS- I love your rainy day rubberstamps.
Wonderful work-

Regina said...

A great idea and a great piece. I also feel horrible for all of the precious sea life and their contaminated world.

carla said...

I love how you combine relevant commentary with such beautiful imagery. The colors (that turquoise - wow!) and composition on this one are especially outstanding, and I just love th mermaid! Yes...she has some things to worry about.

Tony Sarrecchia said...

beautiful and brainy...what more could you ask for?

Natura said...

Very beautiful and inspiring illustration. I agree with some other opions about the color. It's great!

Julie Oakley said...

Lovely image and I think the mermaid worried about her environment makes the point very well