Thursday, January 12, 2006

Four Things

Something light-hearted I found on la vie en rose … a sweet life. My answers are always the same, so I guess I can't do these too many more times.

Four jobs you've had in your life:
1) Cleaning houses when I was a teenager
2) Nursing home in High School, I won’t even tell you what I was cleaning
3) Station manager for a commuter airline, the most entertaining, and I learned the most about human nature
4) Editorial departments at different newspapers

Four movies you could watch over and over:
1) Parenthood
2) Love Actually
3) Something’s Gotta Give
4) Pride and Prejudice

Four places you've lived:
1) Dallas, Texas
2) Malta
3) Dundee, Scotland
4.) San Francisco

Four TV shows you love to watch:
1) PBS Mystery
2) Nightly News (I watch it several times at work every night)
3) Any of BBC mysteries on Mystery Monday
4) Charlie Rose

Four places you've been on vacation:
1) Lake Tahoe
2) St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
3) Aspen
4) Now, I just remodel my house for vacation

Four websites you visit daily:
I can not pick just four. But I looked at msnbc.com all day long ;)

Four of your favorite foods:
1) samosas (Indian)
2) grits with cheese and peppers
3) triple chocolate brownies
4) taco salad (the secret ingredient is Catalina dressing)

Four places you'd rather be:
1) In Montana
2) Paris
3) West Texas, looking at the night sky or watching a thunder storm roll in (if any ever roll into West Texas anymore)
4) staying in my house, puttering around for an entire month

Four albums you can'’t live without:
1) Vivaldi - Four Seasons
2) Al Green
3) Earth, Wind and Fire
4)
Lakme by Delibes

Four vehicles I've owned:
1) Some old car from my parents
2) An old blue Buick, the head-liner was falling down and would touch the top of your head. Someone ran into it on the street one time and I drove it looking like it had been opened with a huge can opener
3) a used Mazda, and for a year, when you took your foot off the gas, it would die and I had to restart it “while moving”
4) currently driving an old Toyota, that I just crushed in the front pulling out of the parking lot.

6 comments:

Erica Mulherin said...

oooh! I LOVE BBC mysteries. My favorite thing is to watch the Biography channel on Sundays. Poirot, Inspector Morse and Midsommer Murders! I am so glad football season is almost over.

Anonymous said...

I could spend a month puttering in my house, too! Also love Something's Gotta Give... saw it at the Edmonds Theatre with my hubbie and laughed harder than we had in years. We live in Edmonds, too. Love our town!

Kim Carney said...

Nan, that is sooo funny. There are several bloggers that live in our fair little town, many that live in Seattle. Maybe we should all have a get together coffee!

Anonymous said...

That would be great fun!

Kim Carney said...

I was just remembering, I think my mom and I saw that movie in Edmonds too. I just love our "little" theater.

Anonymous said...

Yes... it's an old fashioned, "small town" theatre complete with popcorn machine and balcony. I love it, too.