Monday, July 11, 2005

Trying To Translate

Hatice linked to me today, I know this because she drove hundreds of viewers to my blog. She has beautiful site full of photography of yummy dishes she has cooked up. I have always wanted to read her site (it is in Turkish). Of course, she has told me anytime I wanted a recipe, she would send it to me in English. But today I became obsessed with finding a translating tool. Someone told me there were many out there. I only found one that did a good job translating some of the words. There seem to be many for different languages. Now that is a cool tool!
I also ran downtown Seattle today for business, while there, stopped of at
Stitches to pick up some fabric to send to a friend. I love Amy's store.

Then I stopped by
Uwajimaya in the International District to visit the book store. I spent hours! going through the craft books. They have such good instructional graphics, I am hoping I can make something on my vacation, coming up soon. Picked up two books.

House

House quilts

House3

I love house blocks. I bought my mother-in-law a entire quilt pattern of a town square. It looked pretty complicated, but she is an excellent quilter. I copied it all before I gave it to her ;() ... maybe someday I will take that on.

And I picked up this one - 'A Hint for bringing memories into shape'. A couple of very fun ideas.

A Hint of Bringing memory into shape

I loved this very simple little apron. I scanned in a
large version of the instruction and put it on imageshack.

A Hint of Bringing memory into shape

And of course I love this wire ceiling installation, with crystal and beads. I can see some great applications for something like this during the holidays.

A Hint of Bringing memory into shape

This reminded me of my 'wall of inspiration'. But I love those nifty little clips. Does anyone know what they are called, or where I can get some?

A Hint of Bringing memory into shape

3 comments:

Kim Carney said...

I thought about going to Texas, and still might. But I really really just want to stay home and do some fun projects, maybe a couple of day road trip driving east to see some 'flat' land, a horizon. I have not made any plans (I am such a by-the-seat vacationer!)

Amy said...

Holy cow that quilted house purse is UBER cute! You know, I keep seeing all the Japanese craft books EVERYWHERE and they all have such gorgeous photos and cute projects and I'm trying to avoid buying any because I know it's just going to snowball. I don't know how much longer I can hold off!

Anonymous said...

Nice post! Could you share the ISBN #'s for the books? Translation issues with trying to buy those also ; )