Wednesday, May 04, 2005

World Of Playing Cards

chineseCards

I collect playing cards. The World of playing cards is a very interesting site, for the history of cards, Waddington's world famous series, old playing cards from Denmark, Switzerland, China, Tabacco cards from Peru, Native America Cards. I have these Spanish Baraja Taurina. Also have contemporary artist, Shelley Fowles, Balázs Pál Nagy and Emily Arkin.

Handblockcards

Added later: I had more card links hidden away in dark emails. Khankoo and Disney Cards.

4 comments:

Cin said...

wow you collect them ? "the world of playing cards" is one of my favorite sites, I love the old woodblock cards especially.

Kim Carney said...

Cin - to heck with you collecting them, I think you should design a whole deck! Your style would be beautiful! I have been wanting to do a deck for a while.

"Maggie & Kevin" said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
"Maggie & Kevin" said...

How fun, this would make a fun illustration project...just a one card deal. :)

http://www.designerm.com/blog.html