Friday, May 27, 2005

Mom, Shopper, Accesssorizer

I have been telling my mom I was going to do this for months. She is and has always been very stylish dresser, accessorizing goddess (where did I go astray?). She cooks in full gear (earrings, bracelets, good clothes and not a spot on her). But we laugh all the time because she can look adorable, and the whole outfit will have cost her less than two dollars...from Thrift Stores, Senior Citizen Store, Goodwill, and of course, that is with her senior citizen discount. This perfect summer outfit, she purchased at different times, different stores, but cost a total of $1.50! So I am going to start documenting her finds. Of course, what I have found shopping with her is that that the cuter clothes are in smaller sizes, not my size.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a hip mom you've got! :-)

Kim Carney said...

Hanna - she is much hipper than me!

Amy said...

$1.50! Oh for the smaller sizes! I haven't been a 'smaller size' in years. Damn these birthing hips! Your mother is adorable and I love the outfit.

Anonymous said...

My mom does that too! I think it's also because they have time to look at every rack. It's a hobby for my Mom. She's come away with $1.00 Liz Claiborne jackets, .50 cent Talbot's shirts. I'm constantly amazed.

Cin said...

yay for your Mom she looks gorgeous !

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

Your Mom is the Glam! I find it totally the opposite though. I am very small and can never find the tiny sizes, only the large ones. Hmmmm.

http://www.designerm.com/blog.html

Anonymous said...

You know I kid her about having "costumes" not outfits like the rest of us.

Ruth

Kim Carney said...

All I want to know is -- what happened to me?! I can hardly get a watch on in the mornings.