Thursday, April 14, 2005

Week Off Almost Gone

I don't know what happens to me when I have a 'get-out-of work-free-week.' I become paralyzed with 'I wanta's'. Explore fabric in my sewing room I want to sew, pull out canvas I want to paint, bring out little boxes I collected from the thrift store to make three-dimensional art...and so far I completed some cards for a friend of mine. Mind you, that is fun, craft-yoga. I made, I cleaned my studio mess. Worked on free-lance. Had the furnace repaired, got the dryer repaired (after 3 weeks without), mopped, found a good home for my son's bedroom furniture, took some photos, cooked more meals than I have in a year, visited the grocery store more than I like to, looked after the dogs, gathered all the stuff that needs to be mailed (some Christmas!), collected odds and ends for the Goodwill. And did I mention the phone rings about 100 times during the day? Do you get the feeling that our house comes unglued when my mom is gone for long periods of time. You are right.

No comments: