Friday, April 01, 2005

Red, White and Glued

Okay, that could be Red, White and Un-glued. After 911, I could not make enough American Flag 'things'. Made many little American Flag Pins for people coming to our house to celebrate 4th of July. Scrap balsam wood (some big bag of little wood I bought at Micheal's Craft Store) and pin backs. I also made hundreds of paper flags. Painted sheets of craft paper, sometimes paper grocery bags, in red, white and blue. And glued them together, used a punch for stars. Flag image on both sides. Had them hanging from the ceiling in my dining room during 4th of July celebration. Also used them to make Christmas Ornaments that year (due to the over-abundance in my art studio). A way to process my anger and grief, and more productive than crying and getting depressed.



1 comment:

meggiecat said...

Wow, that was some production line you had going. Brown paper and glue are two of my favorite things.