Thursday, February 03, 2005

Wearing Art

I bought the Jan/Feb FiberARTS magazine with a Art to Wear Annual Special Issue. What a treat. Doshi was one of the featured fiberartist and I found her gorgoeous organza shibori-dyed jacket surfing around. Of course that is not all I found. Susan Hayes hand woven clothes. Colorful, wool jackets from Aventura and more Mad Lab on the Artemisia Gallery of Fine Wearables. Hand painted Flower Kimono by Beth Nash. Look at this beautiful creation -- "Red Sea Orange Feather" by Jean Williams Cacicedo. Unbelievable. Could you even wear these works of art by Linda Mendelsen, even if you could afford to put it in your closet? A patchwork looking long coat by Janet Lipkin. Uniquely beautiful knits from ZuZa Bart, I love love the colors, drape and shape in dresses from the "flaxen sands" series. And who wouldn't want this Black Wool with Felted Slub Collar Tomo Coat at fiberbydesign. This site is hard to navigate to clothes, but the collection at Latifa are worth seeing! The ruffle edges remind me of SuperMaggie Super Pointy scarves.

1 comment:

jake said...

I spray painted a t-shirt with a cool design last night. The girls I was with didn't think it was cool. I guess they don't understand art. That was a lot of links...but I think I might be smarter for it. Thanks for the help on the laundry.