Thursday, December 16, 2004

Liver Treats Anyone?

My wonderful mom made our dogs some liver treats when she found liver half price. The dogs loved loved them. She shared them with a friend who is mad about her dogs and they loved them. The friend called asking for more. So Mom made 6 batches today. The smell of that much liver baking in the kitchen, ran me outdoors, to, aahh, put up the Christmas lights, yeah, that is what I need to do outside. I usually resort to the quick, cleaner label-making solution of the computer. Tonight, since I am on vacation and have not visited my art studio for months, decided to make some the messy, old-fashioned hand-stamped labels. This is my third day of ten days off and it feels good. I have spent the last couple of days just cleaning, mopping incredibly dog-hairy art studio floors, watching movies late into the night, lighting lots of nice fires, drinking some wine, talking with neighbors in the street and running little errands. Not the big Christmas shopping trips I should be taking to the stores, but I am working up to that later in the week.





And speaking of treats,
Sherry turned me on to this incredible piece of music by Yo Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone, Gabriels Oboe. It is haunting, sad and exquisite. Do yourself a favor and listen to it on that itunes store snippet thing! Speaking of itunes, still have not figured out how to get back the play-list of all play-list my husband had assembled. I moved it from some folder into what I thought was a public folder and lost it. He is not happy with me.

No comments: